Saturday, August 6, 2011

An Early Morning Farmer's Market







Today I went to the Farmer's market to find some yummy fruits and veggies to eat. My mom has been raving about it for weeks but can never get me out of bed on a Sat morning to go. Today I finally woke up early enough threw some sweats on, put my hair in a bun, brushed my teeth, and got in the car.  Upon arrival I was amazed by how colorful all the foods were. Being used to whatever Safeway's produce aisle has to offer ( which isn't much at all.) I felt like I've been missing out on this event for way too long. Seriously, are those eggplants or bell peppers? when did bell peppers turn purple? What's the difference between and early girl tomato and a shady lady tomato? I felt stupid that these were the questions coming to my mind but my food innocence has been broken. My mother attends the market every sat morning and I know I am going to be a regular now. From my experience I learned that I need to incorporate more yellow into my wardrobe, look how beautiful it looks on that sunflower.!

2 comments:

  1. I loveeee Farmers Markets! one of my favorite things to do, although it's definitely hard getting up so early. thank you for your sweet comment, loving your blog! :)

    www.dragonnfruit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy going to the Farmers Market. We have one here every Wednesday. They sell EVERYTHING there, it's crazy. and most of their produce are fresh and affordable. Can't get better than that. :D

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete